To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you will need:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID to sign electronically.
- The FSA ID is a Pin that lets you sign the FAFSA electronically
- You and your parent/guardian/s will need your own ID’s
- Go to: https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm to create a FSA ID
- **Make sure to write down your FSA ID, you will use it every year you apply for FAFSA**
If you are a dependent student, then you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s).